Jumper T8SG Plus: The Newest Multiprotocol Transmitter
The original Jumper T8SG was a revelation. It was the first real multiprotocol remote transmitter you could buy that gave you the freedom to control many different quadcopters. Now with the Jumper T8SG Plus, they took the original and upgraded many of the shortcomings that the original radio had.
What’s Different on the T8SG Plus?
The new Jumper T8SG Plus has some important improvements:
- Upgraded Gimbals– The original gimbals were ok. They were better than toy grade remotes but lacked precision. The new Jumper T8SG Plus uses high-quality Hall gimbals. They feel better and don’t have the dead zones that plagued the original.
- Bigger LCD Screen– The new Jumper T8SG will feature a 2.4″ OLED screen instead of the 1.7″ LCD included on the original. This should be both larger and clearer.
- More Switches– The original only had 4 shoulder switches, the new Jumper T8SG will have 6. It will also add some rotary dials.
- Color– Not that it is important, but the new T8SG will be gold instead of the black and silver design of the original.
- Module Bay– The Jumper T8SG Plus adds a module bay for even more versatility and expansion.
- Price– The Jumper T8SG Plus will cost $129.99 whereas the original can be found for around $80. If you are planning on flying toy grade quadcopters you can probably still opt for the original, but if you are looking to pair some race or FPV quads we’d definitely recommend going for the Jumper T8SG Plus.
Why Do You Want a Multiprotocol Radio?
If you have more than one drone then chances are you also have more than one remote transmitter. Hubsan, Syma, MJX, Eachine; they all have different remotes and none of them are compatible with each other. Typically included remotes that come with these drones are also low quality and they have a very limited range. The Jumper T8SG was the solution. You could fly them all on the same remote. Not only that, but the quality of the Jumper is superior and it also extends the range of the quadcopter. We found the range our Whoops and other inexpensive drones were extended by as much as a factor of 5 as compared to the stock remote that came included with the quads.
But the T8SG can do more than just control toy drones. It also is capable of using popular FPV protocols like FrSky, FlySky, DSMX and more. This new Jumper T8SG Plus has the protocols and now has the precision to reliably fly these hobby-grade FPV quads.
|Order a Jumper T8SG Plus|
Every month we update what we believe are the best drones on the market. Check out Best Drones Now. We have also created the one-of-a-kind Half Chrome Drone Cipher™. You answer a few questions and we’ll pair you with the best drone for you.
|Best Drones Now|
Do you want to search by price? Click on your menu above or we can break it down for you. Check out drones under $50, from $50-100, from $100-200, from $200-500 or over $500. Maybe you like a good Top Ten list, we’ve got you covered.
|Drones by Price|
If you want to learn more about taking great pictures or flying FPV then check out our comprehensive guides on those topics. Also take a look at our articles on how to choose the right drone for great aerial photos or for getting started flying race drones. Learn more about drones and how to get the most out of them in our Drone Academy. In the Academy we also detail some of the advanced testing we do, including our recent addition, drone thrust testing.
I Want Videos…
|Half Chrome YouTube Channel|
This website contains affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures and disclaimers page.