Phantom 4 V2.0 (Is it the BEST DJI Phantom to Date?)
DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0Starting under $1500
Overall Quality9.0 /10
Ease of Flying/Stability9.0 /10
- Top of the Line Camera
- Superb flight modes
- Quieter than V1.0
- Minimal upgrade from V1.0
- Flight Time: 30 Minutes
- Range: 7000 meters (4.3 miles)
- Max Speed: 44 mph
- Camera: 4K@60fps 20 MP
DJI has finally released the Phantom 4 Pro Version 2.0. Yes, it is the most advanced and best Phantom that DJI has created. However, it is not a huge upgrade over the first version of the Phantom 4 Pro. If you are looking for the best, then the Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 is the drone for you. If you already have a Phantom 4 Pro then we’d suggest ordering the new style props and wait for the Phantom 5.
The Phantom 4 Pro V2 isn’t a complete overhaul of the top of the line DJI drone. It is a small upgrade. The two biggest changes are that it is quieter and now utilizes OccuSync technology instead of Lightbridge. One thing is for sure, it’s looking like we are going to be waiting a little bit longer for the Phantom 5. That isn’t meant to be a knock on the Phantom 4 Pro V2. The original Phantom 4 Pro was already an awesome machine. This is simply a small upgrade.
The leaked image of a Phantom drone with new props.
What is the Phantom 4 V2?
No, there isn’t a new camera or interchangeable lenses. Sure it isn’t the Phantom 5, but that doesn’t mean that the Version 2 doesn’t have some important upgrades for professional pilots.
- Better Props: This is pretty obvious, the picture tells us everything we need to know. Just like the release of the Mavic Pro Platinum, DJI is upgrading the propellers on the Phantom 4 V2 for more thrust, more efficiency, and less annoying noise. These props look a little funny, but we expect 4 dB of noise reduction during hover, just from the props. This is something we would recommend getting for your Phantom 4 if you already have some. You can order your own set of V2.0 props here.
- Upgraded remote: The new DJI Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 has an improved remote transmitter that allows it to integrate the OccuSync system. It also includes a high resolution 5.5″ LCD screen like the Phantom 4 Pro+. You’ll pay a premium to pick up this remote with the built in screen, but you won’t have to worry about the app or setting up your smartphone.
- .Better Video Transmission Over Longer Range: The remote looks to have changed so we expect a longer range bird. The Occusync system is an improvement for sure and now you can even connect the remote to the DJI Goggles RE wirelessly. If you haven’t tried these goggles you should they give you an entirely new perspective on flying. Learn more about the goggles here.
- Speed Improvement: The Phantom 4 V2 should be more powerful than the original. If the new propellers are more efficient it would be feasible to assume they will generate more thrust. We showed that the Platinum props alone make the Mavic Pro 7% more powerful! With that kind of extra boost, DJI could choose to up the speed limits on the P4. While DJI hasn’t stated an increase in speed we are eager to thrust test them so we can know for sure.
|Order the Phantom 4 Pro Version 2 from DJI HERE|
Every month we update what we believe are the best drones on the market. Check out Best Drones Now. We have also created the one-of-a-kind Half Chrome Drone Cipher™. You answer a few questions and we’ll pair you with the best drone for you.
|Best Drones Now|
Do you want to search by price? Click on your menu above or we can break it down for you. Check out drones under $50, from $50-100, from $100-200, from $200-500 or over $500. Maybe you like a good Top Ten list, we’ve got you covered.
|Drones by Price|
If you want to learn more about taking great pictures or flying FPV then check out our comprehensive guides on those topics. Also take a look at our articles on how to choose the right drone for great aerial photos or for getting started flying race drones. Learn more about drones and how to get the most out of them in our Drone Academy. In the Academy we also detail some of the advanced testing we do, including our recent addition, drone thrust testing.
I Want Videos…
|Half Chrome YouTube Channel|
This website contains affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures and disclaimers page.