The Half Chrome Guys
We started Half Chrome because we want you to experience the same joy from flying drones that we do. We had questions that we felt other sites just didn’t answer. Our goal is to provide you with information so you can find the drone that is best for you.
Buying the right drone can be tricky. We wanted to create a site that didn’t just tell you what was written on the box. We wanted to show you more more. We wanted to know how they fly, how well their cameras work, and how robust they are to abuse. We have spent countless hours flying, videoing, crashing and researching our drones. Then we record it all and share it with you. We’ve broken down our drones by size, price and features to help you find what you are looking for. If you are a first time pilot or if you are looking to get professional quality photos, we can tell you what best suits your needs.
Drones by Size
- Micro Drones – Super small drones like the Cheerson CX-10. Sometimes called nano drones.
- Mini Drones – Small, quick drones like the Hubsan X4 or Eachine H8S.
- Small Drones – Small enough that you likely don’t have to register. These drones typically have a few extra features like the Syma X5C or MJX X400.
- Full Size Drones – These drones need to be registered and often carry more features like the DJI Phantom models or the Syma X8 linup.
Drones by Feature
- Basic Drones – These are drones that lack a camera. They are generally inexpensive and a good place to start for a beginner. They can be fun to fly, and are good to learn on because many of them are very quick.
- Camera Drones – If you are looking for a drone to take video or pictures then you should start here. Know that there is a lot of variety in the cameras that drones use. Please refer to our article on Camera/Image quality for full details.
- FPV Drones – First Person View allows you to see what your drone camera sees in real time. It can be used to help you get good photos, navigate, or even race your drone.
- Advanced/Professional Drones – These drones take very good pictures and video and are typically more expensive then toy grade quadcopters.
Drones by Price
If you are shopping for a drone on a budget then Half Chrome has you covered.
If you want to contact Half Chrome…
Let us know if there’s a drone you want us to review. If you have any suggestions or comments. Hit us up on Twitter @HalfChromeDrone
The guys at Half Chrome are always looking to review, test and crash more drones. If you have any suggestions contact us at Info@HalfChrome.com
Hablamos español también.