The Skystars Starlord 228 FPV racing drone is one of the best ready to fly FPV quads under $200 that you can buy right now. This just might be the best 5″ intro FPV quad and in a lot of ways is superior to the very popular Eachine Wizard 220 line of drones. Let’s take a closer look at the Starlord.
While I haven’t personally flown this quad I have done some research on it. It specs out quite well and other reviewers really like it. It isn’t small and light like other racing quads, but rather built a little larger for freestyle.
The frame on the Starlord is well built and solid. It utilizes an F4 flight controller and 40 Amp all-in-one ESCs. The camera is a 600 TVL version and is connected to a switchable VTX (25/200/500/800mW). You can use smart audion to change channels and adjust the settings.
I’ve flown a few different Skystars quads and they put together a well-built drone at a low cost. The Starlord looks to be more of the same.
Starlord FPV on sale right now
It is hard to find a solid freestyle quad like this for under $200 but the Skystars Starlord retails for $169 but right now is a steal at $155 on a flash sale at Gearbest.
|Order the Skystars Starlord from Gearbest|
Skystars Starlord 228 Specs
Let’s take a closer look at the impressive specs on this freestyle racer.
● Material: 3K Carbon fiber
● Arm Plate Thickness: about 6mm
● Thickness of top plate: about 2mm
● Thickness of bottom plate: about 2.5mm
● Side Plate Thickness: 2mm
● Screws: YFS 12.9 class screw
Flight Controller Specification:
● Micro F4 Flight Control Board ( D-Shot Version)
● MPU: 6000
● CPU: STM32F405RGT6
● Input Voltage: 2 – 5S Lipo
● Built-in Betaflight OSD to adjust PID
● BEC Output: 5V 3A
● Size: 30.5 x 30.5mm board, 3mm mounting holes (M3)
● Support Subs / PPM / DSMX receiver
● 40A 2-5S Blheli – 32 4 in 1 ESC
● Input Voltage: 2 – 5S Lipo battery
● Constant Current: 40A
● Peak Current: 50A
● BEC Ouput: 5V 1.2A
● CPU: STM32F051 BLHELI – 32 firmware
● Size: 36 x 36mm (main board)
● Installing Hole: 30.5 x 30.5mm, M3
● MOS Tube: TOP QUALITY MOSFET
● Support Damped Mode, Oneshot125, Oneshot42, Multishot, Dshot150 / 300 / 600 / 1200, forward and reverse
FPV Transmitter Specification:
● Output power: 25mW / 200mW / 500mW / 800mW switchable
● Control mode:button OR Channel changes and Pitmode setting through PWM
● With a microphone, you can switch the audio flexibly
● BAT: 7 – 26V, BEC 5V 1A
● Video system: NTSC / PAL
● Antenna: MMCX
● Frequency: 5.8GHz 5 bands 40channels
● Dimension: 36 x 36 x 4.85mm
● Mounting Hole: 30.5mm x 30.5mm
● 2306 KV 2600, race edition
● Turbo S1
● Image Sensor: 1/3b inch CCD Sensor 4/3
● Horizontal Resolution: 600TVL
● Lens: 2.1mm Lens(Default)(FOV 135 degree)
● Signal System: PAL/NTSC
● S/N Ratio: more than 60dB(AGC OFF)
● Electronic Shutter Speed: PAL: 1/50 100,000; NTSC: 1/60 100,000
● AutoGain Control(AGC): YES
● Back light compensation(BLC): YES
● Min.illumination: 0.01Lux/1.2F
● WDR: D-WDR
● DNR: 2DNR
● Day / Night: Color / Auto / Black and White
● Power: DC 5 to 40V
● 2 inch
● Gain: 1.6dbi
● Axial ratio: 1.0 (near perfect)
● Bandwidth: 5.5GHz-6.0GHz
● Radiation Efficiency: 95 percent
● VSWR: less than 1.22
● Connector: SMA
● Works great as both a transmitting or receiving antenna
● Compatible with other styles of 5.8GHz RHCP antennas
What Is the BEST Drone?
So what is the absolute best drone out there? That question isn’t as easy to answer as you’d think. BUT…for most people the answer is the DJI Mavic Air. It is portable, has an awesome camera and excellent flight modes. Learn more about the Mavic Air HERE.
What Is Our FAVORITE Drone?
The Mavic Air is great but the drone that has us excited to go fly the most right now is the Parrot Anafi. The camera and gimbal setup on this drone allow it to do things that no other drone can. Plus, having the ability to zoom in on what you are filming is priceless. Learn more about the Parrot Anafi HERE.
What Drone Is the Best VALUE?
The best value on the market today has to be the DJI Spark. Now under $400, this little dynamo can do things that once upon a time cost over $1000. Learn more about the DJI Spark HERE. Still too much money for you? There are still some great options. Check out our list of the best drones under $200.
Want More Options?
Every month we update what we believe are the best drones on the market. Check out Best Drones Now. We have also created the one-of-a-kind Half Chrome Drone Cipher™. You answer a few questions and we’ll pair you with the best drone for you.
|Best Drones Now|
Do you want to search by price? Click on your menu above or we can break it down for you. Check out drones under $50, from $50-100, from $100-200, from $200-500 or over $500. Maybe you like a good Top Ten list, we’ve got you covered.
|Drones by Price|
If you want to learn more about taking great pictures or flying FPV then check out our comprehensive guides on those topics. Also, take a look at our articles on how to choose the right drone for great aerial photos or for getting started flying race drones. Learn more about drones and how to get the most out of them in our Drone Academy. In the Academy, we also detail some of the advanced testing we do including drone thrust testing and camera quality testing.
I Want Videos…
|Half Chrome YouTube Channel|
This website contains affiliate links, which means we receive a commission if you make a purchase using these links. For full details visit the disclosures and disclaimers page.